If you can’t beat them, hate them?
That’s seem to be the rule today’s youths live by.
Many times when I talk with fellow young people and we get to a point when I recommend a professional to them for some sort of assistance, I hear quite a number of them say “I don’t like him” or “I can’t work with her”. And I’d be like, what don’t you like about him/her? More often than not, their response is “nothing, I just dislike him”.
I got it wrong growing up.
When I was much younger, I always felt people were hated for being bad or for being trouble makers. I thought if I minded my own business and be really nice and cautious I would in turn be surrounded by loving people. No, I was stupid. After working with thousands of people from different cultures over the years, believe me, I can tell you factually why people really hate on others. These are top 5 reasons you will be hated and spoken badly about:
1. When they can’t understand or explain how you survive and keep getting ahead.
2. When they anticipated that a step you took will land you in big failure or mess, but it turned out the opposite.
3. When you’re unable to dance to every of their tunes or meet every of their needs. When you have a mind of your own. If you don’t fit into their narrative or expectation for your life.
4. If you are a different person – not an every day kind of guy or lady. If you have an usual level of confidence, charisma or self-esteem. If you speak big, hope big or dream big. They will find your person intimidating and will label you “proud” and let the whole world know.
5. When you always mind your own business and have something to show for it.
But why should it be that way?
I feel sorry for lots of young people that I know for sure we can team up to take on the world or that I can be of tremendous support to but have chosen to be enemies within or enemies from afar for no sensible reason.
Hate in your heart is a limitation on your destiny. One day you will open yours eyes and you’re 70 years old, and then realize you’ve achieved nothing with your life because instead of getting inspired by your destiny helpers you were busy hating and discrediting them.